Resources for Referees
Want to Become a Referee?
You must be at least 13-years old and attend a North Texas Soccer Referee Clinic. You can find information about registering for upcoming Referee Clinics held around the DFW area at the North Texas Soccer website.
WSA offers an annual Referee Clinic, but space is limited. For more information, contact Rusty Martin at
ALL referees need to be certified.
Grade 9 may ONLY referee U8 and down centers.
Grade 8 may ONLY referee U16 and under games.
Grade 7 any referee ALL ages, including adults.
How Much is a Referee Paid?
How to Register for an Upcoming "Event"
1. Go to: www.GotSoccer.com
2. Click on "Referees/Assignors"
3. Log into your REFEREE Account or "REGISTER" as a referee IF you do not yet have a Referee Account, after completing your registration, log into your NEW Referee Account.
4. You are now into your referee account
5. Now click on 'EVENTS" tab and select the "Search Events" tab. in the box type "WSA Spring 2020" and click on "GO"
6. You should see the "WSA Spring 2020" event. Click on "REGISTER for Event"
7. Now click on the "ASSIGNORS" tab. Place a check mark next to my name "Rusty Martin" or "Weatherford Soccer Assn. WSA Spring 2020". I will be your Primary Referee Assignor.
8. Now go back to your CALENDAR page. I need you to select "UNAVAILABLE" in the box. It should read as follows: " Referee Status unavailable except where noted".
9. Now you can let me know what days and times you are willing to referee.
GREEN: dates and times you are AVAILABLE to referee
ORANGE: dates and times you are NOT available to referee
NOTE: If I assign games to any referee and I get too may "rejections" of assigned games, I might not be willing to assign more games to that referee. I can understand EMERGENCIES, but not every weekend from the same referee.
Please plan your activities; it makes it VERY hard to replace a referee at the last minute. Thanks for your understanding!